Topic: EXPIRED - Soundslides 1.0.66b

NOTICE, THIS BETA WAS UPGRADED TO A FULL RELEASE ON JAN. 6, 2005.

http://soundslides.com/app/soundslides_1.0.66.dmg

This release is a beta.  Please be careful not to delete your current stable version of soundslides.
Also, make backups of important projects BEFORE loading them into this release.

Feature additions

You can now drag the images down into the timeline.  Yay!  This allows you to change the timing of one image without affecting the other edits.  I struggled with how to implement this without making the application more complex. 

To get a sense, watch this .mov file.
Let me know what you think.

You now have basic font control over the headline, limited to common web fonts.

Also, I've added the ability to change the default control text (captions, small, large, credits, hide credits, hide captions).  This will be particularly useful to those not publishing in english.  You can access this menu via "Modify" in the application menu bar.

Soundslides now will correct any JPG filename to a web-friendly filename, and is much more lenient about what filenames it will accept.  Additionally, it will warn you if the name is not appropriate.

Bug fixes

The "small" version sometimes played the high bandwidth audio file.  This has been corrected.

The previous versions of Soundslides would occasionally fail without warning to import jpgs or audio if the filenames contained certain characters.  Soundslides now warns if there is a problem, and directs the user to correct the issue.

The existing timing problem with audio longer than 10 minutes has been fixed.  Soundslides still works best with less than 40 images and less than 5 minutes of audio.

Notes

There is an ongoing problem with the way Soundslides text fields handles non-english text.  You can not type in a character like "é" or "ø", however you can paste the character into the text field.  I'm exploring a longterm solution, but for the moment you can type your headlines and captions in another text editor and cut and paste into Soundslides.

At this point, all of the features for version 1.1 are in the application.