Topic: Location of Soundslides Plus preference file(s) in Windows 7

Hi,

I've got Soundslides Plus 1.9.5 for Mac configured just right, including the advanced parameters, template tweaks and so on. I would like to be able to share the configuration with Soundslides Plus 1.9.5 for Windows users (my photojournalism students here at SAIT Polytechnic in Calgary). I know it's possible to export the template settings as an XML file, but I'd like to be able to give students a complete configuration. I believe everything I need is stored in the Soundslides Default and Soundslides Preferences files on the Mac. If that's correct, are these files the same as the Windows version? If yes, where do they go on a Windows 7 machine?

Thanks for any information.

-Rob Galbraith

Re: Location of Soundslides Plus preference file(s) in Windows 7

Hi Rob,

Unfortunately the preferences file is only used on Macs, and the configuration data is stored elsewhere on Windows computers.

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your answer and the quick reply.

-Rob

Registry :

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Soundslides\Soundslides]

Key "defaultsettings"

Kind regards,
Guy

Thanks guycl, that's helpful as well. For next time around (meaning next school year) I'd like to be able to hand students a more-complete configuration from the outset, so we can spend more time on how to use the software rather than how to set it up.