1 (edited by joeweiss 2010-04-16 07:36:15)

Topic: 1.9.4 beta releases (with timeline zoom)

Timeline zoom is the main new feature in 1.9.4.

The timeline is a big part of the editing interface, so this was a HUGE re-write of some older code.  Please keep in mind that these are BETA releases and all the typical warning apply.  For such a big change in the back-end code, there's a fair chance that some bugs got through the testing.

If you see anything weird, please let me know.  Screenshots will be especially helpful since this release features a number of new UIs.  Please send screenshots to support@soundslides.com.

Here are the links:

Soundslides Plus 1.9.4 (1145)
Mac download
Windows download

Soundslides 1.9.4 (1145)
Mac download
Windows download

The 1.9.4 update is a free update for all existing license holders.

-joe

Re: 1.9.4 beta releases (with timeline zoom)

Quick update: Not all of the features and fixes planned for 1.9.4 are included in this particular beta. The timeline zoom is such a big code addition that I wanted to get it out for beta use as quick as possible.

Be on the lookout for another beta in the next week or so.

joe

Here's the next beta for the upcoming 1.9.4 update.

The big addition is an HTML5 Soundslides player, which plays on Apple's iPad. There are two iPad compatible shells.

ipad_only

Using this shell will create a version of your slide show that plays fullscreen in iPad's Safari browser.  If you're providing a specific iPad version of your site or planning to include an "iPad version" link to your slide show, I would use this shell.

Important note: Firefox can not play HTML5 audio in MP3 format. If you're testing this shell in Firefox, you will not be able to hear the audio. Since the browser on iPad is Safari, this isn't a problem on the iPad.

ipad_autodetect

Using this shell will export the standard Flash-based Soundslides player, but it also includes auto-detection for iPad.  If you load this slide show in a Flash-capable browser, you'll get the Flash version.  If you load it on your iPad, you'll get the iPad version.  I recommend using this version if you do not plan on including a specific link to your iPad-compatible content.

Some limitations ...

If you don't have an iPad, it's best to preview using Safari on your computer.  Keep in mind that you might get odd scrollbar behavior, especially using the "ipad_only" shell.  These scrollbars don't appear on iPad, since the scrollbars are hidden on iPad's version of Safari.

As mentioned above, Firefox can not play HTML5 audio in MP3 format, which is yet another reason to preview in Safari if you're targeting the iPad.

Due to the performance of HTML5 and Javascript, image movements are not available in the non-Flash player. Also, the thumbnail menu and volume controller are not present at this time.

Here are the links:

Soundslides Plus 1.9.4 (1161)
Mac download
Windows download

Soundslides 1.9.4 (1161)
Mac download
Windows download

The 1.9.4 update is a free update for all existing license holders.

-joe

I posted a new iPad player shell. This one is embeddable.  And will replace the other two iPad-centric shells when the next update is released.

http://forums.soundslides.com/viewtopic … 184#p10184

-joe

Sorry for the lack of follow-up on this post. This version was released earlier this year.  Version history and download links here:
http://support.soundslides.com/index.ph … &id=60

Thanks to everyone that tested the betas.
-joe