1 (edited by jml 2010-03-07 11:22:29)

Topic: Text Input Not Working

When I try to resize the slideshow using Modify/Output size, the dialog box appears, but entered text does not appear. I can highlight the input boxes, but when I enter text from the keyboard, it does not appear on the screen. It does resize the slideshow, but sometimes to the wrong size. i'm trying to get shows to 1024x768. Sometimes it works, other times it ends up too large. I'm using the most recent build r1068 on an Intel Mac with OS 10.6.2.

The size in list.txt is correct (pixelWidth: 1024
  pixelHeight: 683), but the html is set to width="1280" height="1343"

Thanks for the help

-jl

Re: Text Input Not Working

Hi JL.

It sounds like a font issue is causing the input font not to appear.

Can you launch Font Book and double-check that Times, Verdana and Arial are all activated?  Font Book is in your Applications folder.  You'll also need to check that those fonts are not duplicated, as it appears that the duplicates are what typically causes a conflict.

We've heard of this missing input text issue from a few folks recently, mainly from people that have either recently upgraded their machine from 10.5 to 10.6 or have migrated a user folder to a new 10.6 machine.

If after checking the fonts you're still seeing the issue, try restarting into Safe Mode.  Safe Mode will clear your font cache.

To start up into Safe Mode (to Safe Boot), do this:

1. Be sure the computer is shut down.
   2. Press the power button.
   3. Immediately after you hear the startup tone, hold the Shift key. The Shift key should be held as soon as possible after the startup tone but not before.
   4. Release the Shift key when you see the gray Apple icon and the progress indicator (looks like a spinning gear).

After you start into Safe Mode, launch Soundslides Plus and see if the text input works correctly.  Note: Safe Mode temporarily disables your audio, so we're only testing to see if the fonts are working properly.

Let me know how it goes.

-joe

Also, here's more info from Apple's site regarding Safe Mode if you're interested.