Topic: Video output? We're looking for testers for a new tool.

We have developed something new and need some people willing to test the tool.

I'm looking for 20 or so volunteers on a first-come, first-served basis.

If you are interested and a registered Soundslides or Soundslides Plus users, please send an email to support@soundslides.com with the words "VIDEOTEST" in the subject line. Please note whether you're on Mac or Windows platform.

We do require that all testers agree to refrain from sharing the tool with others or publicly posting about tool while it is in the development phase. So, please don't volunteer if you don't think you can refrain from sharing.

Thanks
joe

Re: Video output? We're looking for testers for a new tool.

It's time for a second round of tests, and to tell you a bit more about the tool.

The tool is an online Soundslides-to-video converter.

It works over the web instead of on your local computer, so it can be used on Macs, Windows, and Linux.  It's output is currently limited to the two most common sized formats; iPod, and standard DV.

If you are interested and a registered Soundslides or Soundslides Plus users, please send an email to support@soundslides.com with the words "VIDEOTEST" in the subject line.  We're looking for more testers, but we still ask that you keep the URL of the new tool to yourself.

Thanks
joe

We're ready to move to a public beta of the online Soundslides-to-video converter.

Here's the URL of the online converter:
http://video.soundslides.net/converter/

To use the converter, you'll need to make a ZIP of your "publish_to_web" files, then upload the ZIP to the online converter.  The converter will then e-mail you when the conversion is complete. 

The converter only works with slide shows made from registered versions of Soundslides or Soundslides Plus.

This system is currently in the final stages of testing, so I'm looking for any odd behavior.

Thanks
-joe

[update - I've added support for slide shows without audio]