Topic: Adding SoundSlides shows to Facebook?

I'm new to both Soundslides and Facebook -- and am wondering if anyone here can walk me through putting my SS work onto my Facebook page. Where on the Facebook page do you put your shows, and in what format, and how do you get 'em there? Thanks!!

Re: Adding SoundSlides shows to Facebook?

I would be interested as well.

Wow, I had no idea it was so hard to post Flash files to Facebook.  I've emailed their developer desk to see if there's something I missed.  Sorry for the delay on this ...

-joe

4 (edited by Thomas Krueger 2008-12-23 02:46:24)

From the Facebook Developers Wiki:

Renders a Shockwave Flash (SWF) object. On profile pages, an image appears first. When the user clicks the image, it turns into the Flash object. On canvas pages, the image is ignored, and the Flash object is directly included.

You can also make API calls to the Facebook servers directly from Flash. Checkout the Actionscript API for more details.

http://wiki.developers.facebook.com/index.php/Fb:swf

Hi Thomas.

I found that, but have you been able to get that code to work with any SWF in notes or in profiles?  I must be missing something incredibly obvious.

joe

Hey Joe,  Have you been able to make any progress on this ?

Yes, please let me know if anyone makes any progress on this. I would really love to do this.

Thanks

Sorry, but it still appears that Facebook blocks standard Flash embed code.  The most popular workaround is to convert your slide show to a video file then use a video sharing service like Vimeo to embed it into Facebook.

Just as an addition to what Joe says about uploading to Vimeo, you don't actually need to do that. You can upload the mp4 file the video converter outputs straight to Facebook.

DrewAPicture is correct that you can upload an MP4 file from the online video converter to Facebook. Here's how:

1. Go to your profile page.
2. Click the "Video" tab at the top (if you do not see a "Video" tab, you will need to click the "+" tab and select "Video" first).
3. Click the "+ Upload" button and follow the instructions.

Hi Joe,
I was just wondering whether it was possible to embed Soundslides in Facebook now, or are they still blocking as per your 2009 comment above?
Is it possible to somehow get the Soundslide player working whilst staying on the Facebook page? It would be very helpful. If necessary I can convert to video and post that to FB but I find the quality of the images is much reduced with video and would prefer stick to the original Soundslides player.
Any help much appreciated
Brian
--

You can use the online video converter to produce a video file that can be uploaded to Facebook. Here is additional information:

http://support.soundslides.com/index.ph … amp;id=132

You can also link to a Soundslides slide show from Facebook, but the player will not appear within the Facebook page.

Jonathan