Topic: custom fullscreen button

hello joe, i have bought the soundslides plus recently and i would like to customize the fullscreen button. how can i do it? is there a .fla source available, please?

Re: custom fullscreen button

Hi Juan.

Unfortunately, the component version of the player doesn't yet have the ability to engage fullscreen mode.  It's on the list, and I hope it will be added in the next component update.

-joe

3 (edited by juan 2008-11-16 11:46:13)

thanks for the quick reply, joe. and what about sending me just the AS for this button? i am pretty familiar with flash i could handle some flash work. i guess there is just a simple AS sequence related to the fullscreen button in the original player, isnt there?

4 (edited by joeweiss 2010-07-26 08:13:56)

Here's the code.  I can't promise it will work in your scenario as fullscreen isn't officially supported in the component yet.

The component doesn't scale the slide show, rather it re-draws and re-positions the elements.  So you'll need to re-position any custom stage items after you engage FS, including the new fullscreen button you're using.

The fullscreen class doesn't have exposed variables at this time, so you can't disable the default controls in fullscreen mode - though I assume you could cover them via another MC if needed.

The following code assumes you have the latest component (904), which has an instance name of "soundslides", and your custom fullscreen button is named "fullscreen_btn".  Also, you'll need a listener to utilize the "onScreenChanged" callback function.

// Prepare the Stage so it does not scale when in FullScreen mode
Stage.scaleMode="noScale";
Stage.align="LT";

//Enable fullscreen mode
soundslides.fullscreenAvailable = true;

//Add the listener
ss_listen = {};
ss_listen.onScreenChanged = function(state){

if(state == "fullScreen"){
        // reposition your fullscreen_btn to full monitor dimensions
        // I would base it off of Stage.width and Stage.height to 
        // compensate for different monitors sizes
    }else{
        // reposition your fullscreen btn back to the normal position
    }
}

//Add the code for the FullScreen button
fullscreen_btn.onRelease = function(){
    soundslides.fullscreen();
}

thanks for your help joe! but i have only flash v.8  so i am not allowed to work with the latest version of the component. anyway your help is very appreciated.

Yeah, I can't help much with Flash 8. 

Several of the fullscreen-related AS commands weren't fully available until Flash CS3. 

-joe

7 (edited by ovaska 2010-07-25 16:37:24)

For anyone else out there, I just ran into a problem with the above snippet in the latest component version 1021 and CS5... The following line should be (notice the lower case f):

if(state == "fullScreen"){

var state = fullScreen or normal

Thanks ovaska.  I'm not sure how I missed that.  I've updated the previous post.

joe

So there's no full-screen button on the component at all?

I was using the component because at the end of the slideshow I would call a javascript function. Is there any other way to load the original swf and add an event listener like in the component?

qb84 wrote:

So there's no full-screen button on the component at all?

That's correct.

qb84 wrote:

I was using the component because at the end of the slideshow I would call a javascript function. Is there any other way to load the original swf and add an event listener like in the component?

I can add that tomorrow or Wednesday. It makes sense to have that in there, and I'm frankly surprised that I didn't include that already.  Just to confirm, this is for slide shows with audio, correct?  So the js call would happen after the audio ends?

joe

11 (edited by qb84 2010-11-29 13:48:41)

Yes, when the audio stops it calls a JavaScript function. We are almost done creating a website showcasing different stories and this is the last (and most important) thing we need.

We were testing it so far with the trial and now that we bought the plus version we noticed it still didn't have the fullscreen button.

If you create a way to communicate directly with the soundslider.swf movie it would be awesome.

Thank you very much!

Update: I actually tried this code

//Enable fullscreen mode

and the fullScreen button shows up and works perfectly.

qb84 wrote:

Update: I actually tried this code

//Enable fullscreen mode

and the fullScreen button shows up and works perfectly.

Terrific.  If that works, then you can use the listener object to make the js call, right?

If you need any assistance with that, let me know.

-joe

Yea that part we had working before. The fullscreen was the last thing we needed. I will share links once we have the site up and running. Thank you again!