1 (edited by mbusse 2008-10-17 09:04:32)

Topic: Title appears as tiny white bars/dots - maybe extremely tiny text?

Update/edit: I fixed the below problem by editing the Soundslides.xml file. There were four copies of the headline appearing in <parameter>header_headline</parameter><value>Healing Hearts through Hair</value>, so I removed three and now it looks fine. But I am still curious about the original problem of the program generating the headline four times... -Matt

Hello,

The title of a Soundslides project I am working on is appearing as four tiny white lines and dots.

I have attached a screen shot below. The title is supposed to be "Healing Hearts through Hair."

Looking at the HTML source of the page, it appears the title in the HTML title tags appears four times, like:

<title>Healing Hearts through Hair

Healing Hearts through Hair

Healing Hearts through Hair

Healing Hearts through Hair</title>

Editing the HTML to remove three of those fixes it in the page title but not in the Soundslides project title (which I suppose makes sense).

This clue makes me theorize Soundslides is, for some reason, generating the title four times, and those four white lines are in fact the title, shrunken to an extremely small size.

This is the first time I have seen this. Using Soundslides Plus 1.9.1.

Any help anyone could provide on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Matt Busse

http://mbusse.googlepages.com/soundslides-error.jpg

Re: Title appears as tiny white bars/dots - maybe extremely tiny text?

Hey Matt.

Did you type the headline into Soundslides Plus, or copy/paste it in there?

I didn't think it was possible to type or paste in a line break, but I'll need to go back and check the code. 

It could be possible that Soundslides Plus doesn't show the line breaks in the application, but they may actually still remain.

I'll check it out.

Also, are you on Mac or Windows?

joe

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the quick response.

I didn't create the slideshow, and the photographer who did says it is possible that she copied and pasted it, but she isn't 100% sure.

I know that isn't terribly helpful; sorry.

And we're using Windows XP.

Thanks Matt.

It looks like it is technically possible to copy and paste a line break into the headline field in Soundslides or Soundslides Plus on Windows. And since you can only see one line in the application, it is also possible to have multiple lines without knowing it.

I'll change the coding to strip out the line breaks in the headline field.  I can't think of a single reason why someone would need a line break there.

Thanks again for reporting this ...

-joe