Topic: 1.9.1 release candidates

1.9.1 is a minor update for Soundslides and Soundslides Plus that improves on a few of the major changes in 1.9, and includes a couple of minor fixes.

Highlights of changes:

New Bin interface.  When returning an image from the Bin, you can now drag-and-drop the image to an exact point in the timeline.  Previously the image always returned at the end of the timeline.
Added command for permanently deleting the images in the bin
Added command for moving all images to the bin
Added advance parameter to control the initial volume ("initial_volume": 0-100)
Added a template shell which utilizes the W3C-valid SWFObject embed method (Template > Shell > swfobject)
Added a template shell which places the captions below the slide show presentation (Template > Shell > undercaptions)

Fixes:
Corrected issue where custom size's aspect ratio was not being respected in the preview window on initial import into application
Corrected issue in Windows version where some hi-ascii (non-english) characters in HTML titles were not being displayed correctly
Improved timing accuracy with player
Improved timing accuracy in application

Download links

Soundslides Plus 1.9.1 (870)
Mac download
Windows download

Soundslides 1.9.1 (870)
Mac download
Windows download

This update is a free update for all existing license holders.

Unlike the 1.9 release, I'm releasing this as a final release preview rather than labeling this as a beta. 

Thanks
joe

Re: 1.9.1 release candidates

We have new release candidate builds for 1.9.1. 

I've corrected a problem with the html background color, and with the "Show captions" and "Show credits" check boxes when using the "under caption" shell.

Thanks to oldsurfer and Tomas for helping identify those two issues with #870.

Download links

Soundslides Plus 1.9.1 (876)
Mac download
Windows download

Soundslides 1.9.1 (876)
Mac download
Windows download

I've fixed the auto play issue with the new undercaption shell ... here are the new release candidate download links.

Download links

Soundslides Plus 1.9.1 (878)
Mac download
Windows download

Soundslides 1.9.1 (878)
Mac download
Windows download

Minor fix:

In the "out" Bin, clicking the "Re-insert all" button worked, but it was re-inserting the images in the wrong order.  I corrected it. 

Download links

Soundslides Plus 1.9.1 (884)
Mac download
Windows download

Soundslides 1.9.1 (884)
Mac download
Windows download

884 is official.  I've put it up on the front of the site. 

Thanks for everyone that helped test it.

-joe

6 (edited by joeweiss 2008-09-18 16:48:18)

UPDATE #2:  This is has been fixed.  Scroll down for new update links.
-joe

UPDATE #1:  This is going to be a very quick fix. 
I should have a new 1.9.1 build for Mac up within an hour or two.

We've just discovered a problem on Macs with the latest release 1.9.1 (which was released two days ago).  This problem appears to be isolated to Macs only.

Some images with "spaces" in the file names are not being imported.  It doesn't appear that the issue affects all machines, but I was just notified of this problem by another person via email, and I've confirmed the issue on one of the Macs here. 

So with the following images:

test1.jpg
test 2.jpg
test3.jpg

... the second image (test 2.jpg) would not import.

I've pulled the 1.9.1 updates links (for Macs) down, and replaced them with the 1.9 downloads.  I'm investigating the issue now, and I hope to have a fix out soon.

If you have the 1.9.1 update on a Mac, you will need to either re-install the 1.9 (830) release or import images without spaces in the file names.

I'll update this thread when I get a better idea of the cause of the problem.

-joe

This issue has been corrected, and there are new download links for 1.9.1 on Macs.

Soundslides Plus for Mac:
http://store.soundslides.com/apps/downloads/PlusMac/

Soundslides for Mac:
http://store.soundslides.com/apps/downloads/Mac/

This is #888.