Topic: "Update Image" -- strange behavior
I recently ran across a problem with the "Update Image" button. I thought its purpose was to replace a current image in the slideshow with a different image. Instead, what seems to happen is that (a) no change occurs (i.e., the old image remains in the slideshow, even after doing 'test', 'save', and/or 'export'; (b) the original image is deleted from the "raw" folder but the new image is not copied into it (i.e., there is now one fewer image in the "raw" folder than there was before). The latter result occurs if the images are reprocessed upon doing Modify -> Output Sizes -> Apply. The exported slideshow won't proceed beyond the updated image since it's now missing from the images folder(s).
OS X 10.5.4
SSP 1.9 (r804)
I made a test case to reproduce the issue:
1. Copy 5 images into a "testphotos" folder
2. Launch SS/SSP to create a new project.
3. Point SS to the "testphotos" folder.
4. In my example, I did a JPG-only project (no audio).
5. After the JPGs are ingested, add a sixth image to the "testphotos" folder
6. In SS, select image #3 and press "Update Image" under "Slide Info."
7. Navigate to "testphotos" and select the new (sixth) image.
8. My result is that the old 3rd image remains in the application, and any 'test' or 'export' produces a slideshow with the original 3rd image.
9. Click Modify -> Output Sizes -> (change the setting, in my case from "standard" to "large") and hit "apply". This forces SS to "reprocess" the images.
10. My result: the original 3rd image still shows up in the application, but only four total images are now in the "raw" folder, and only four images are in the "custom" folder used for "large"-size projects. Upon 'test' or 'export' the slideshow shows a total of 5 images, but fails to advance past the 2nd image. This is because image #3 (the one that was 'updated') is missing from the publish_to_web/custom folder, where the images reside.
If more detail is needed to figure this out, let me know. Thanks for looking into it.