Topic: Importing to flash with actionscript 3

I've already created my flash file and the entire thing is done in actionscript 3.0 and I'm having some major problems when trying to get my soundslide file to load inside of my other flash file. Is there any way to do this??

Re: Importing to flash with actionscript 3

What code are you using to load the soundslider.swf?

Here's the basic AS3:

var myLoader:Loader = new Loader();
myLoader.load(new URLRequest("publish_to_web/soundslider.swf"));
addChild(myLoader);

The "soundslider.swf" is in AS2, which means Flash does not allow communication with it from AS3.  I don't have a timeframe for when we'll convert the AS2 component for Soundslides over to AS3.

-joe

I was using the Uiloader in flash. It would load the swf but everything would be distorted and things didn't load correctly. I imagine the reason is because of which actionscript i'm using.

thanks for the help

I'm working on a something similar only with Flex 3. I've come across an interface class that can be used to communicated between AS2 to AS3. It may help you out. Here's my post http://soundslides.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2114

Hi. Is there any further info on this. I havent had any trouble loading my soundslide using coide similar to what is presented here. BUT, when I remove it, the sound continues to play. How can I stop the sound?

I still don't have an AS3 version of the player.

How are you removing the object?  removeChild(), or something else?

You can stop all sounds if there's no other sounds playing at that time.
http://manewc.com/2008/07/25/actionscri … sh-player/

-joe

MORE ON THIS SUBJECT: Its easy to control the audio with SoundMixer.stopAll();
But now my problem is security. My webserver is not allowing my sound slide to be loaded into my main file? Is there a solution for this?

Is your slide show and your main file on the same server sub-domain?  It could be a cross-domain issue.

What's the exact error message you're getting?

Also, if this file is already online, can you share the link so I can see it?

thanks
joe