1 (edited by grnskl 2008-06-03 00:56:43)

Topic: Posting soundslides without using web

I'm laid off from my editorial position and I'm putting together an electronic resume using Soundslides.

I plan to show this to prospective employers by whipping out a portable DVD player and blasting away with short, killer examples of my multimedia coverage of music and other entertainment industry topics.

But it just dawned on me that you probably have to put the presentation in a Web site in order to see it.

I wonder if you could put it into a PowerPoint program on a DVD and show it that way.

Or what? Is there such a thing as an animated PDF with sound?

Tony G.

Re: Posting soundslides without using web

See:  http://www2.soundslides.com/support/ind … &id=41

Thanks for that, but I'm on a PC and that's a Mac program.

If you can present with your laptop....

make your show and then play the show from your desktop.

If you have it posted on line then run the show when connected. if you minimise the window it will play again and again as long as you keep the window open.

hope that helps

David

Hi Tony.

As you've discovered, there's not a method for going from Soundslides to a (TV playable) DVD on Windows. 

You can however play fullscreen from a DVD-R on a computer.  The latest beta update of Soundslides Plus on Windows will even play fullscreen from a computer DVD.

-joe

OK Joe, thanks. I guess that rules out PowerPoint...but i found something called Cam Studio, which copies the screen, and I'm thinking I could just copy the soundslides as it plays and then put it on a CD... dropping the sound. What do you think?

You could try this route for producing portfolio CD / DVD's:

http://www.ephotozine.com/article/Creat … ovie-Maker

Written to a DVD, it should be able to be displayed on computer of DVD/TV

I think Cam Studio will work actually ... the timing might be tricking to get it recording and the slide show started at the same time, but technically it should work.

joe