Topic: Audio files disappearing from project folder

We produced an audio slideshow and everything seems to work fine when we view the show in Soundslides and when we "test" it out.  However, both mp3 files (audio_hi and audio_lo) don't show up in the project folder or in the publish_to_web folder and the audio is missing when we try to open the project on another computer (it stalls as it's opening the timeline).

It's very strange... any ideas???

Re: Audio files disappearing from project folder

I'm not sure I'm following ...

Is the audio file physically missing from the folder on the new computer?  Or is it just failing to load?

If the file is in the folder on one machine, but not in the folder when transferred to the other machine ... well, that dis very strange.  How are you transferring the files?

-joe

The audio files are physically missing.  On the computer of the person who produced the slideshow, the files aren't in the project folder, but the audio loads.  When he exports the project, the MP3s show up in the publish_to_web folder that pops up, but they're gone when you independently go into the project folder.

We use FTP to transfer the files.

Is there a security application on that computer or network that deletes or hides mp3 files?

The fact that the mp3 file doesn't disappear until you view the project folder in Windows makes me think that the operating system or some other piece of software is affecting mp3 files on that computer.

How quick does this "gone when you independently go into the project folder" issue appear?

-joe

As far as our reporter and the local tech know, there isn't any program that hides mp3s.  Other mp3 files shows up on his desktop fine.

The files disappear immediately.

The fact that the mp3s are being deleted instantly, but they are still somehow loading into the browser for the TEST is very hard to decipher.  So every single "audio_hi.mp3" or "audio_lo.mp3" file ever created in Soundslides is missing on that computer ...

Please email me a diagnostic from that computer:

1) Open Soundslides
2) Create a new project on your desktop
3) import image and audio
4) hit SAVE, then TEST
5) confirm that the mp3 files have disappeared out of the project folder (or not?)
6) Right-click on the interface and select "Diagnostic" from the drop-down menu
7) email the resulting text to support@soundslides.com

I'll try to figure out a troubleshooting step once I get the diagnostic information.  Thanks for your patience.  This is a new issue for us.

-joe