Topic: Soundslides Plus new features are not visible

I have been using Soundslides for a few months, so I am familiar with it. Tonight, I have just upgraded to Soundslides Plus. I don't see any new features other than being able to save a show without sound. I also notice that the 'play automatically' checkbox has disappeared from my template screen. All I can now is click to load the next slide. Is this as designed?

Thanks for any assistance

Lee

Re: Soundslides Plus new features are not visible

Hi Lee.

There are 4 notable feature additions in Plus.

1) Click-through slide show:
You've seen this.  Just import your images as normal, then click "Skip audio" ...

If you've created a "without sound" click-through slide show, then you're not seeing the other new features as the other new features all deal with audio slide shows.  If the feature isn't applicable to the type of show you're creating, then Soundslides doesn't show that feature.

2) Individual transitions:
If you create a slide show with audio, you'll see the timeline has an addition under each timing mark.  These are the controls for the individual transitions.

3) Image movement:
If you create a slide show with audio, you'll see a new tab under the "Slide info" tab.  This is where you can set the pan & zoom of an image.

4) Lowerthird subtitles:
If you create a slide show with audio, you'll see a new tab under "Audio" named "Lowerthirds" ... this is where you can add the Name, Title, In point and duration of the subtitle.

Also, the play automatically checkbox is not visible in the click-through slide show because there's no audio.

I'm finishing the documentation on the new features now, so there will be more in the user manual about Plus than there is currently.

-joe

Thanks for the rapid reply, Joe. I had not associated the 'play automatically' feature with the audio track, so I was surprised when it disappeared. Flash allows you to set a timeline without an audio track, so I guess that is what I was expecting. Having worked around the audio track requirement in Soundslides, this was a surprise.

Even when I add an audio track, I am still seeing some strange behavior. For example, 'Thumbnails menu' seems to override the 'play automatically' feature. From a new show, when I saved with play automatically checked, it would work. If I then selected thumbnails menu, play automatically would now not happen. If I then deselect Thumbnails menu, it stays in the show. Play automatically never returns to the show, even though it is checked.

Thanks

Lee

Thanks Lee.

I'm not seeing the "thumbnails menu" and the "play automatically" having an issue here in the lab.  Is there anyway you can post your example of those features misbehaving?

-joe

Hi Joe

Here is the sequence:
Screen shots here: http://www.leehammondphotography.com/sspro
Load JPGs and sound
Load previews
See gallery of slides
Go to Templates screen [default settings]
Check 'play automatically' and uncheck 'thumbnails menu'
Click test and see self-starting slideshow in a browser window...all is good so far! This is the show I want.

Go back to Templates screen, uncheck 'play automatically' and check 'thumbnails menu'
Save and test. See thumbnails screen with click-through show

Go back to Templates screen
Check 'play automatically' and uncheck 'thumbnails menu'
Save and test. See thumbnails screen with click-through show...never see self-running slideshow again!

I have to say it does not behave like this every time and normally I would not go back and forth. I was simply exploring for new features.

Thanks

Lee

Thanks for such a detailed report Lee, I'll check it with your steps.

-joe