Topic: Control buttons don't always react

The rewind, play and pause button on the Windows version of the SSPlus beta have a tendency not to react on mouse input. The longer the software is running the more dump the buttons become. I am working with 1GB RAM, so this should not be the problem.

Re: Control buttons don't always react

Typically it has more to do with processor speed than available RAM.
Are you on XP or Vista?  Can you also send me the diagnostic output?  (right-click, select "Diagnostic")

Thanks for taking the time to report this!  I appreciate it.

-joe

support@soundslides.com

As far as I know - yes, I'll figure out that diagnostic thing - my machine is running onWindos XP SP2 and a 1.5 Gig AMD processor. It used to be one of the best on the market at its time. (I'm growing old.) You'll get the full system details asap.

I left out a key instruction in the diagnostic directions.

(right-click in the Soundslides editing window, the select "Diagnostic")

Diagnostics are out. Problem could be my C: drive. Perhaps the installer should let users choose drive for installation.

6 (edited by joeweiss 2007-06-12 11:21:54)

I have the same problem with those buttons. I have laptop notebook HP with Kingston 2GB ram memo and HD 80GB. Processor Celeron 1400 Mhz. Windows XP Pack2. Professional. The buttons doesnt work. Only later.

<<moderator's note:  I deleted the diagnostic info in case there was anything sensitive in there. -joe >>

Is there a resolution to this? I can't get the stop button to work consistently which is a pain when editing.

The original post was from June.  This should be resolved with the newer releases.

Soundslides Plus:
http://store.soundslides.com/apps/downloads/PlusWinDev/

Soundslides:
http://store.soundslides.com/apps/downloads/WinDev/

Can you give those a try please?

-joe

I just downloaded Soundslides Plus yesterday and I'm having problems with unresponsive buttons, running on XP.

Hi sdtexas.

The original problem (from June 2007) was resolved with an update, so this must be a new issue.

Can you restart your computer and see if that clears the issue? 

If the problem persists, what process/ram is in that computer, and how big is the slide show?

Thanks
-joe