1 (edited by MGD 2009-10-20 07:50:29)

Topic: fla source files

I am looking for a fla source file for a basic soundslide player that includes the icons for thumbnails and fullscreen.

I have looked at these examples but none of them have the fullscreen icon on the control bar:
http://support.soundslides.com/index.ph … amp;id=114

Does anyone know where I can download this file?

The controls would look like this:
http://www.mgrear.com/images/screenShot-0910201.jpg

Re: fla source files

Hi MGD.

Those icons are drawn dynamically, so they're not just sitting in the Flash Library for those FLAs.

Just to double-check, so I know what you need - you're looking for copies of those two icons as graphics or movieclip files, correct? 

If so, I can probably track the original design files down.

-joe

Joe,

Those icons are drawn dynamically, so they're not just sitting in the Flash Library for those FLAs.

So, I can add them in to my fla file? Or are they selected within the application controls?

Through the application, the default player generates the controls imaged above.

I made a custom player with one of the source files from the link above, but the controls did not have the thumbnail icon, previous and forward, and fullscreen.

The source file I used, had the captions below the controls, and that is what I would like to do with my custom player (with the additional options of being able to use the thumbnails, previous and forward, and fullscreen options).

MGD

Ah, I see.

Those buttons are built into the component you're using already. 

If the thumbnails feature is included in the slide show that you're loading, then you'll need to check that the thumbnails are activated in the component parameters in Flash.

Check that the "show thumbnails" component parameter is set to true.

Does that work?

-joe

5 (edited by MGD 2009-10-20 11:33:03)

Joe,

Ok that does work. Except for the fullscreen icon not showing up.

In the components parameters, I have the following set to false: show captions, show captions by default, show credits, show footer.

Do you know why the fullscreen icon isn't appearing?

Actually, that didn't work. I had the wrong swf file selected.

I have all the parameters set to true. And I still can't get the thumbnail, previous + next slide, and fullscreen icons to appear....

Ah, I should have checked which example FLA you were using as your original source.  That's an older example that hasn't been updated to the latest component. 

I re-created the example with the latest component:
http://media.soundslides.com/files/9008source.zip

This one includes the external caption field, fullscreen and thumbnails.

Give that a go ...

-joe

Joe, thanks for sending me the link to the updated file.

I have used it and everything looks great except...the fullscreen icon does not show in the controls.

I do have the show thumbnails parameter set to true as you mentioned before.

I can't seem to find anything that I am doing wrong!! Do you want me to send you my modified source file?!?

MGD

MGD wrote:

I can't seem to find anything that I am doing wrong!! Do you want me to send you my modified source file?!?

Yes please.  I'll email you our FTP address, as I'd like to also get the slide show that you're using in your test.

Sending the email now ... let me know if you don't get it.

joe