Topic: 1.9.3 Problem

I have been playing with the new 1.9.3 version of Soundslides. The new features such as "return to start" and hiding the controls are great and work fine so far on shows with and without audio.

I have found a problem though after uploading images on a new project.  When Soundslides has finished loading the images, the button to add audio is missing - but there is a "hidden" button that opens a "select jpgs" box.

Here are two screen shots showing the problem. The first one is the screen immediately after uploading jpgs, the "hidden" button is where I have placed the red oval.  The second screen shot shows the box that opens when I click the "hidden" button. For info I am using Windows XP with SP3.

http://www.mikeholley.net/files/images/soundslides-1.9.3-screen-1.jpg

http://www.mikeholley.net/files/images/soundslides-1.9.3-screen-2.jpg

Re: 1.9.3 Problem

Thanks hackenbacker.

I'll check out why that hidden button is activating.  That hidden location is actually the "Add image" button from the main editing interface. That interface is hidden below the opening import screen when Soundslides first starts up.

I'm much more worried about the missing audio button.  I see it in your screenshots ... are you saying that you can't click the big SND button after you import your image files? 

It could be that clicking that hidden button disables the SND button, but all of my tests here on XP show that the SND button works.  Can you try it again to confirm?

Thanks again for reporting the issue and for providing screenshots. I really appreciate that folks are willing to try new versions and provide such great feedback.

-joe

Hi Joe,

I have reinstalled 1.9.3 and everything is now working ok. I realised that my anti virus software was doing something during the 1st install so maybe that caused a problem. Sorry for the false alarm.

I have made and published five shows using various combinations and all work ok.

If I do come across anything I'll let you know.

Hackenbacker

Thanks for checking on that! I'll try to get that hidden button dealt with before 1.9.3 is officially released.

-joe

I disabled the hidden button.  New releases are here:
http://forums.soundslides.com/viewtopic … 8679#p8679

Thanks
joe

Hi Joe,

I can still "see" this hidden button, if I hover my mouse under the "Audio Format" text the cursor changes (to the right of the words "with the proper file extension"). Nothing happens when you click there though.

hackenbacker

It's still technically there but inactive.  I'll completely remove that button for 1.9.4 ... but it will just be inactive for this release. It's surprisingly complicated to completely remove that button from its location ... and I don't want to hold up 1.9.3 any longer.

Thanks again for testing everything.

-joe

Hi Joe,

No sweat, I only flagged it up as I read your post to mean it had gone altogether. I image that not many cursors will stray now there anyway - I only found it by mistake.

hackenbacker