Topic: 1.9 betas
As with previous updates, the development versions are being posted a couple of weeks ahead of the final release.
Soundslides Plus 1.9 will be a free update for all currently registered users of Soundslides Plus.
This release is a beta. Please make backups of important projects BEFORE loading them into this release.
Here are the changelog highlights:
- Full screen playback (Plus only)
- Multiple jpeg image import now available under the Slides tab's "Add image" button
- Re-importing shorter duration audio no longer resets timing points. All timings are preserved now.
- Application now correctly reads the EXIF image rotation data from imported JPEG files and rotates accordingly on import
- Application now creates a .ssproj project file, this file will launch the associated project in Soundslides or Soundslides Plus when double clicked or dragged to the application icon
- Application displays a warning dialog if quit with unsaved changes
- "Clear recent menu" item added to the File menu
- Project folder name now appears in title bar
- Fixed potential compatibility issue with the video plug-in on OS X Leopard
- Improved error handling when importing images and audio
There are more than 50 changes, feature additions and fixes in 1.9. The full changelog will be posted with the final release.
Here's an example that includes the fullscreen playback button. This slide show was produced by Jonathan Young at the annual Mountain Workshop.
A note about the release numbers. Soundslides Plus version numbers 1.4-1.8 are being skipped. The next update of Soundslides will be 1.9, and in an effort to prevent confusion I'm adjusting the Plus number to match. So we'll have Soundslides Plus 1.9 and Soundslides 1.9 released at the same time.
Please email any feedback to support -at- soundslides.com, or post below.
Thanks for trying the application!