Topic: Volume control doesn't work properly ...

Hi Joe,

I made a Soundslides show with volume control.  On playback in the browser, I set the volume control to a low level (maybe 25%).  I then grab the playback head and scroll to a different part of the movie.  When I let go, the movie resumes playing, but at full volume.  The volume slider stays in the 25% position.  If I click on the volume slider, the volume jumps back down to the 25% level (even though the indicator itself hasn't been moved).

PowerPC OSX 10.4.10, Soundslides Plus 624, Safari 3.0.3.

Michael

Re: Volume control doesn't work properly ...

Thanks Michael.

Great catch.  I'll correct it and get another 1.2 development update out.

-joe

Hi Joe,

Just tried the 645 version, and this is still broken.

ml

Wow, you're fast.  I haven't even posted about 645 or emailed fixes to anyone yet ... just copied it up last night.

I'll check it out the volume issue again.  I know that was on the fixed list for this release.

And thanks again for taking the time to report these issues.  It helps get fixes in faster.

-joe

I'm seeing it working as designed on this test from 645.  Can you check it out?

http://soundslides.com/files/645_volumetest/

If you're opening an existing project that was made with a previous 1.2 dev release, you may need to delete the "soundslider.swf" in your project, then re-TEST and re-EXPORT.  The swf might cache between dev build versions.

-joe

Okay, sorry if I'm not doing it right.  I'm in Safari and I've emptied the cache.  I'm trying your 645 volumetest and it doesn't work correctly (as described above).  Same in Firefox 2.0.0.11.

ml

You're not doing it wrong.  I'm seeing it too on Firefox 2.0.0.11 on 10.4.10 now.  This bug just won't die.

I did not see the issue with Firefox on OS X 10.5 or XP, but I can get replicate the bug on other combinations now.  MP3 volume issues in Flash Player are almost always universal to all platforms, but this one seems to be more unique.  I'll investigate it further. 

Thanks again Michael.

-joe

Looks like we have a fix:
http://soundslides.com/files/648_volumetest/

I've updated the development releases to 1.2 (648).

-joe

Works as expected now.  Good bug squashing!

ml