Topic: Registration on multiple computers with a consolidated key

Soundslides was purchased by a professor to use in a lab of 11 computers.
We have the computer management tools available to install software without user intervention (Novell Zenworks).  We've been able to repackage soundslides into an MSI so that we can push it out to the computer lab.

The final issue is registration.  We see that it create registry keys for the email address, key, auth, and confirm_auth.  auth and confirm_auth seem to be computer specific.  We aren't able to copy the registry keys from one computer to another to register the software automatically.

Is there a method of pushing out the registration without having to go to each computer and entering the registration information?  Some sort of command line with soundslides.exe ?

Re: Registration on multiple computers with a consolidated key

Sorry. Unfortunately, other than mirroring the entire system, there isn't a way to do it on Windows machines without having to go to each computer and entering the registration information.

The ability to register via commandline is on my to-do feature list, but it isn't planned for this development cycle. I'll make sure that feature is bumped to the front of the next cycle.

joe

You mention,

"Unfortunately, other than mirroring the entire system, there isn't a way to do it on Windows machines without having to go to each computer and entering the registration information."

But what about a Mac Lab? is there a way to use Apple Remote Desktop to push the licensed application out to a lab of 20? Thanks.

Hi BiolaPC,

I've sent you an email directly. It might be possible since you have a bulk license.

joe

I have this same issue.  I need to install the software on 20 stations and was wondering is there was a way to activate the license through Apple's Remote Desktop.  This would just save me a lot of work.

Yes, I have a consolidated license.

Thanks for contacting us. I'll send you a direct email about this.

Jonathan

Hi there, I wonder if you can help? I purchased Soundslides Plus last night on my mac at home and want to use it on my laptop at work, without paying twice. Can this be done, and how?
Thanks,
Jon.

Thanks for your purchase. Your license allows you to install on one computer for multiple users -OR- two computers for a single user. The same email address and key can be used for both installations.

Jonathan