1 (edited by Photo-Vinc 2011-10-03 14:06:30)

Topic: Feature Request: _files folder, mp3 rename, html5 only shell

Hello,

Soundslides is fantastic, however I have some new features on my wish list (see bellow).

Kind Regards,
Vincent

www.photo-vinc.com

#1: single _files folder for multiple soundslides

When you have multiple slideshows each slide show brings it own _files folder. This means when the user visits multiple slide shows the files in that folder never will be cached.

It would be great when it is possible to have a single _files folder. This could be done with a custom variable.

#2: custom variable to rename .mp3 extension

Some firewalls not allow access to mp3 files. I know there is a way to change the code of the generated page.

It would be nice when it would be possible to do this without notepad. This could be done with a custom variable.

#3: HTML5 only shell

We might not like this but flash seems to come to an end. I like the current HTML5 shell but it would be even better when it works in the other way around.

If the browser supports HTML5 then show the HTML5 based slide show, if not and there is a flash player available then fall back to the flash version.

Re: Feature Request: _files folder, mp3 rename, html5 only shell

Thanks Vincent.

#3 is doable quickly, the other two are a bit more involved. I understand the need for #1 and #2 in certain situations, but it's a more complicated task to add them to the player. I'll see what I can do.

I'll send an "html5_only" shell to you when I fix that other issue.

joe