Topic: Using new Font in lower thirds - HELP

Hi there,

I have been scanning all the forums and downloading all the right "components" and finally.... HELP!!!

I need to change the font in my lower thirds to P22 Typewriter.

Joe, am I able to do this, or should I just stop trying smile

I have downloaded "the component" etc and have just hit a wall trying.

BTW - I love using Soundslides and have had a great time with this application.

I just wish I could change that font - as I am using it in a multimedia application package - the rest of the package uses the P22 Typewriter font so it would be good to have a standard style.

THANKS in Advance.

Ali

Re: Using new Font in lower thirds - HELP

alisanderson wrote:

Joe, am I able to do this, or should I just stop trying smile

I have downloaded "the component" etc and have just hit a wall trying.

Hi Ali.

You can't change it via the component, but you can if you create a custom lowerthirds.swf file.  I thought that was loosely documented somewhere in the forums, but I can't find it myself now.  I'll dig it up later today when I get back to the office.

-joe

Thanks Joe,
That would be so helpful.
If you could give me a short ABC on that later when you find it that would be really great.

Ali

Hi Ali.

I don't have the P22 Typewriter font on my computer, so I can't make the SWF for you ... though I can tell you how to do it in Flash.

1) Download the lowerthirds.fla file from here and unzip it:
http://media.soundslides.com/release/ot … ds.fla.zip

2) Open the FLA in Flash CS4 or newer.

3) You'll see four text fields on the stage. Two are white, and two are black.  The white text fields are in a layer named "white text fields" and the black text fields are in a layer named "shadow text fields".

Click on each of those textfields and change them to use your desired font via the Properties tab/window in Flash.

4) After they're all changed, export the SWF and make sure the resulting file is named "lowerthirds.swf".

5) Now copy that SWF file into your exported "publish_to_web" folder. This will replace the existing lowerthirds.swf that's in there.  You should now be able to load your index.html into a browser and preview the new lowerthirds.

If you run into any issues, e-mail me your altered lowerthirds.fla and I'll take a look.

joe

4)