1 (edited by maynard 2008-09-14 09:18:00)

Topic: autoplay button

Hey!

How do I script a button to toggle autoplay? Have tried to figure it out myself, but no luck.

Thanks!

Re: autoplay button

Hey Maynard.

I'm assuming this is for a Flash interface that plays a series of slide shows, right?

Are you using the component, or are you loading in the SWFs directly?

I hadn't thought of this need before ... since in most cases an individual slide show would start autoplaying before the user would likely see a "disable autoplay" button.

-joe

joeweiss wrote:

Hey Maynard.

I'm assuming this is for a Flash interface that plays a series of slide shows, right?

Are you using the component, or are you loading in the SWFs directly?

I hadn't thought of this need before ... since in most cases an individual slide show would start autoplaying before the user would likely see a "disable autoplay" button.

-joe

I'm using the component. The thing is I don't want the slideshows to autoplay by default, but rather leave it as an option for the viewer to turn the autoplay on and off in silent slideshows.

-m

Sorry for the delay, I had to dig through the component code to find the right variable for you to add to your toggle button.

Assuming your component has an instance name of "soundslides", this code would enable autoplay:

soundslides.c_auto_start = "true";

And this code would disable it:

soundslides.c_auto_start = "false";

-joe

excellent! thanks, joe!

Hi joe, I have the same issue. where would I put this code? Thanks, Suzanne

Assuming you're using the component in the Flash application, you would put this in the actionscript of the frame where the component first appears.

If you're using actionscript to load the slide show, you would want to set that variable before you load the slide show.

-joe

Thanks a million. Please disregard email, I think it must have crossed just as you were responding.