Topic: Probably best for parents

I try, most years, to put together a 'best of my kids' show...I'm a little late with 2009 - the photos and audio have been sitting around for months, and I finally put it all together.

I'm slightly biased of course, but my kids can be pretty entertaining....

http://willyurman.com/wordpress/?p=294

Re: Probably best for parents

I loved the idea of putting the kids to describe what's happening, very well resolved.

I had a couple of problems there: 1) the fullscreen button doesn't work; 2) IE 7.0.xx is not rendering the page's stylesheet. Well, for half a second it does but then just degrades to a page without any layout. It works well on Firefox though (the CSS, not the fullscreen).

thanks. I've used that technique - people talking about the photos a few different ways. It's a nice method of connecting visuals with the audio.

Probably my fault about the full screen - I'm guessing since it's embedded in WP the full screen doesn't work...I should take that out. (In fact I'll do it right now).

Not sure about IE7 - but I figure if I wait long enough it will be gone smile

thanks again,
will

That was fun to watch!

I'm constantly amazed at your photo toning. So sharp and crisp with great dynamic range.

What's your secret?

Jim Neiss

Hey Jim,
Thanks, glad you enjoyed it.

As far as toning goes...
1. I shoot RAW files almost all the time.
2. I have a couple of Photoshop techniques I use.
     If you google 'local contrast' the first few hits should explain one method I use. It does a nice job of adding some pop to the images without destroying the highlights or shadows. I apply it after I've sized them for the web - and I play with the numbers a bit depending on the image.

hope that helps.

will

Really nice Will. I think I will have to try something similar. However, I don't have such great pix of my kids!

the DOF is superb in many of the pix.

thanks for sharing.

Really nice Will. I think I will have to try something similar. However, I don't have such great pix of my kids!

the DOF is superb in many of the pix.

thanks for sharing.

I'd rather be remembered for more important things but thanks smile